Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Sigh of Relief

Today I had a regular OB appointment.  I went to the place that originally told me that they thought I was too high risk to be seen there.  I love the provider I made my appointment with.  I hate to call her my provider since she really is my friend.  She told me to schedule my next appointment with one of the other doctors who will hear me out and maybe think about seeing me through the pregnancy.  I sure hope so since I love this practice so very much and they have become family to me over the years.  They have delivered 7 of my 10 children so far.  The only reason they didn't deliver Jake is that I wanted to try to have him vaginally and my Madison had been their last VBAC baby ever in their office.  So, I had to find someone else to deliver Jake... if I had only known what was going to happen I never would have gone there.  But, we can't go back so we have to look forward.  I'm praying so hard that when I go back for my next appointment that the doctor I see will allow me to stay with them. 

While Lynn was examining me she found that at 12 weeks I'm measuring at 20 weeks.  Of course this wasn't a surprise since I have fibroids and now I have a Frankenuterus.  I normally measure large and it's never worried me before but now I know that I can't have that extra stress on my uterus so that scares me some.  I'm hoping that I don't run into problems sooner than expected. 

Lynn couldn't hear the baby's heart beat but I expected that too.  With my extra maternal fluff it makes it harder to hear.  So, we got a quick ultrasound to check on the baby.  We found the baby right away, wiggling around.  The heart beat was a steady 158... perfect.  It made me so happy to see.

I've been convinced since the moment I found out I am pregnant that this is a girl.  The symptoms I'm having just really go along with many of the girls I've had and none of the boys.  I've been wrong before, but only once.  I know that whatever the sex of the baby that the baby will be the exact little boy or girl that we need in our lives.  I know the boys will be a little disappointed if this is a girl.  They are hoping we'll round out the numbers a bit.   I know they are keeping their fingers crossed.  I'm not sure what I'd do if we have another boy inside of me!  We've never had boys one right after the other who have survived.  We have big gaps of time between boys with lots of girls in between.  It would be odd to have 2 boys so close together but I have a feeling that it would be so much fun too!

I worry though about being pregnant with another boy.  Our boys just aren't as strong as our girls. I would worry more I think if I find out this is a boy baby. Still, I know it doesn't matter what the sex is, this baby will be the perfect addition to our family.  God always knows just what we need when we need it and I know this baby, boy or girl, is going to be exactly what our family needs!

I'm breathing a sigh of relief to get to be pregnant for yet another day.  I'm praying I get to be pregnant much, much longer and bring this little one safely into the world.  I'm over the moon to feel the tiny movements that are already happening and beyond thrilled to know that a precious baby is growing under my heart.  I truly am blessed more than I ever deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment