Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Good Day

I had my first ultrasound today.  I told the technician that I thought the baby would be smaller than what the doctor was thinking because I knew that I had to of ovulated so late.  If I hadn't ovulated late I wouldn't be on the table for an ultrasound.  She laughed and said "We'll see." 

It's funny that despite how many ultrasounds I've had in my life I am never less than amazed to see a tiny life growing inside of me.  It was hard to see that slow fluttering but we caught a glimpse of it.  We couldn't measure it as it was too slow but at least the heart was beating!  That gave me such hope that this little one is going to try to make it!

She did the measurements and said, "You were right on."  I had no doubt that the baby would measure according to my dates but it was nice to hear that I was right.  We finished up and she said she'd go talk to the doctor to see what he wanted me to do next.

It took a little bit but she finally returned and said the doctor wanted me to have a follow up ultrasound in a week.  He wanted to make sure our little one's heart was beating stronger and that my measurements were increasing the right way. 

I left there with a huge smile on my face.  Right now our baby is alive!  It's little bitty heart is fluttering and she is fighting for life.  I am fighting for life too... both for my baby and for me.  I pray that my little one won't give up.  I know I never will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment