Friday, December 21, 2012

18 Weeks

This Wednesday I hit 18 weeks.  This means I am halfway through my pregnancy now since we will look at delivering the baby at 36 weeks if the lungs are ready.  It's amazing to think I am halfway there already!  I could have only hoped to make it this far and yet after my perinatologist appointment yesterday I know I'll make it even farther!

My appointment yesterday went very well.  The baby is measuring exactly where it should and the in depth scan showed no defects, no problems, and a tiny baby with all it's fingers, toes, heart chambers, etc.  I had been worried because I had felt no movement for days and had begun thinking the worst.  Then on Wednesday I felt a tiny kick and felt a little reassured.  But Thursday's appointment truly helped calm my fears as we saw our little one sitting snuggly in my uterus, heart beating, and moving around just as we had hoped.

 
We also found out that this little one is a boy!  I am nervous about that since I have shown a history of trouble carrying boys but with this little one he seems to be doing so good already that I'm hopeful that he will get here safely!  I'm also a little worried to have two back to back boys! We've never had boys this close together.  Depending on when he arrives he and Jake will be close to being Irish Twins.  Caroline and Madison are Irish Twins and if they are any indication of what Jake and a little partner in crime might be like, I think we are in trouble!  Still, it will be neat to experience boys who are close together.  Poor Garrett had to wait 11 years before finally getting a brother.  Ben then had to wait almost 6 years to get a younger brother.  Both Garrett and Ben are very excited that there will be another boy in the house.  Jake, well, he's too little to even understand that his world will be changing in a matter of months. 
 
I spoke with the doctor about our troubles finding a new OB, he was amazed that the practice would release me over my issues.  He said he will find someone who can take me on.  I'm hopeful that with his recommendation we will find a capable OB once again.  Still, it's scary to think that if something happens, right now I have no one to turn to.  This past week when I had no movement from the baby I would have loved to been able to go and have a quick ultrasound at the OBs office but I couldn't.  I was left to either go to the ER or wait it out until my appointment yesterday.  I'm happy that it turned out ok but what if it hadn't? 
 
Please continue to pray for us.  We have so many people trying to help us find a new doctor that will be perfect for our situation.  It's amazing how much we are able to endure when we must.  This cross has been so heavy and it seems like we get more and more put on our shoulders.  Still, through faith and reliance on those who have decided to help us carry this cross, we are making our way.  It's a slow, painful journey, but we are getting there.  Yesterday, seeing my little boy sitting so peacefully in my womb, I felt a renewed hope and joy.  I know that God never abandons us but it sure is nice when He gives us a little glimpse of the heaven that awaits us.  Yestereday I saw a bit of that heaven on the ultrasound screen.  It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  I am so very thankful that God trusts me enough to share it with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment